Deliver a Meal
Volunteers are the lifeline of Meals on Wheels. Without volunteers we would not be able to feed our seniors.
We deliver more than just food. We also deliver companionship to people who otherwise might be all alone for days.
Volunteers use their own vehicles to deliver hot meals to homebound individuals in Cabarrus County from an average time 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on an assigned delivery route. You may work a scheduled day or on a substitute basis.
- Be dependable and punctual for your scheduled delivery day.
- Arrive at you pick-up site at appropriate time.
- Call in advance if you are not able to make delivery
Volunteering/ Delivery Service Areas
Volunteers deliver all through Cabarrus County, which covers Concord, Kannapolis, Mt. Pleasant, Midland and Harrisburg.
All routes are picked up at our office at 1701 S Main Street, Kannapolis. All meals are prepared fresh daily at our central kitchen.
Business, Churches or individuals can adopt-A-Route, which means that they have one day a week or even the entire route and make that their own route; they have one person who is the chairperson of that route and each person works out their time among each other.
Volunteering/How to Get Started
Fill out the Profile Sheet and send in to DeAnne Parker, Volunteer Coordinator, along with what days you are interested in volunteering and what area.
- Interviewing - A call will be made to set up a time to meet you.
- Training – For the first delivery an older volunteer will go out with you on your route.
- We ask for a 6 month commitment.
Did you know we also feed our clients' pets? Our Canine Crunchies and Feline Munchies program is 4 years old and is a great addition to our program.