Emergency Hunger Relief
Each year we provide an emergency hunger relief package for our clients. These packages are filled with non-perishable food items to be used in the event of an emergency such as inclement weather or any other emergency situation that would prevent the delivery of hot meals by CMOW.
The canned food drives come from civic organizations, churches, schools, and individuals. We want to thank everyone who has contributed food to this project.
Any organization or individual that would be interested in donating canned food items please call Lisa at the CMOW office at 704-932-3412.
Items for the emergency food packages
- Cereal , Grits, Oatmeal …..small individual packages
- Canned Fruit…..individual serving size
- Canned Meat …..tuna, chicken, Vienna sausages, potted meats
- Canned Meals …..spaghetti, beefaroni, beef stew
- Peanut Butter ……creamy only
- Beans …..pork’n beans, beanie-weenies, baked beans
- Canned Soup ….hearty soups such as the chunky style
- Please NO RAMEN NOODLE PACKETS
**Please provide Pop-Top cans if possible for ease in opening.
Thank you for your generosity in helping to alleviate hunger.
“Meals on Wheels has truly been a blessing to our family. My father looks forward to meeting the kind volunteers everyday at his doorstep.”